The 23rd Annual Capital City Marching Festival
The grand tradition continues!
Join us on Saturday, October 3rd, 2014 for Central Texas' favorite marching competition: the Capital City Marching Festival!
What does Cap City offer your band?
- Competition at four classification levels – A, AA, AAA, AAAA – based on number of winds
- Expert adjudicators who are the best in their caption areas
- Detailed scoring and comments, including a CD of judges' audio comments as well as a video recording of your band's performance
- An accessible location in central Austin
- An ALL-WEATHER artificial stadium surface at a UIL competition field
- Ample bus, pit truck/trailer, and spectator parking
- Assignment of a dedicated Cap City host to greet each band when it arrives and guide it through the competition process
- Excellent, well-separated warm-up areas
- More than 2,000 enthusiastic spectators
- Publicity outreach to local band communities
- Multiple on-site water stations, rest rooms, and a first-aid station staffed by medical professionals
- Reasonably priced food concessions, including the famous Cap City Curly Fries, and excellent souvenirs
- Over two decades of experience in quality marching festival operations
The Capital City Marching Festival (CCMF) provides the absolute best competition in Class A, AA, AAA, AAAA. The CCMF presents the opportunity for bands to prepare for UIL marching band competition. Experienced judges view the competition from high above the stadium surface in order to provide constructive comments and scores that allow each band an opportunity to assess what is working well and what needs improvement as the UIL competition season approaches.